Please login to access your business profile
Long Valley AAUW is the local branch of the national AAUW, a non-partisan organization started in 1881 with national, state, and local presence. The mission of AAUW is to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. Long Valley AAUW serves the communities of McCall, Donnelly, Cascade, New Meadows, Council, and Riggins. Membership in Long Valley AAUW is open to anyone who supports the mission and goals.
Long Valley AAUW’s annual projects and activities are set by the members and include:
*Monthly “Meet & Greet” socials held at various restaurants in the area;
*Monthly meetings of Adelante Book Group held at the McCall Library;
* Annual December Holiday Dinner and Silent Auction;
* Great Decisions—Foreign Policy discussions Feb. – April;
* Volunteer support of Heartland Food Bank;
* March Women in History Month High School project with presentations to local elementary schools;
* Math and Science Awards to outstanding local high school women at the end of their junior year;
* Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Programs to inspire interest in these fields of study and careers;
* Higher Education Scholarship awards to local high school seniors.
Long Valley AAUW values and seeks an inclusive membership. There are no barriers to full participation in Long Valley AAUW on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, geographical location, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. Membership is not by invitation. For more information contact Betty Weida at 208-630-4448 or Marilyn Arp at 208-634-5833 and attend one of our meet and greets to learn more!