What: Hike, run, and/or bike the major trails in Ponderosa Park between July 1st and 31st.
Why: Support nature-based education at Roots Forest School while getting out and enjoying our local treasure – Ponderosa State Park! Maybe you get satisfaction from completing a local challenge, or just want some motivation to get your family out on summer adventures. We will have a special prize for all kids that complete at least two trails, as well as gift certificates and swag from local businesses to raffle off for individuals and families that complete at least 4 of the trails!
When: July 1st, 2021 to July 31st, 2021
Where: Ponderosa State Park, McCall ID
- Meadow Marsh Loop – 1.4 miles
- Lily Marsh Family Loop – .75 miles
- Lily Marsh Trail – 1 mile (2 miles out and back)
- Fox Run Trail – 1.4 miles (2.8 miles out and back)
- Ridgeline Trail – 1 mile (2 miles out and back)
- Huckleberry Bay/Peninsula Trail Bike Loop – 6-7 mile
- Participants in this year’s Trail Challenge may decide to track the trails on their own and send Roots a weekly email with trails accomplished, or join The Roots Trail Club on the Strava App and have your trails automatically tracked for you. More details below on how to join our Strava Club.
- Decide how you want to participate (offline or via Strava) and then fill out the registration form and payment information below. If you choose offline, you will update us on your progress via email throughout the month.
- We’ll email you in June with a reminder about the event and some additional trail and prize details.
- Hit the trails in Ponderosa Park during the month of July with family and friends!