Don’t miss the Idaho State Snow Sculpting Championships in Depot Park starting midweek of Carnival.
Artists from all over the West will come to McCall to participate in the Annual Idaho Snow Sculpting Championship. This competition has an outstanding reputation for providing the opportunity for artist to create sculptures in a scale much larger than would be possible in any other medium. The artistic experience and the camaraderie with fellow artists makes this competition a truly fun and rewarding artistic experience. Location of the event will be downtown with the lake and Brundage Mountain as a back drop.
To participate in the Local Snow Sculpture Competition, please complete the sculpture application.
To request more information or an application to compete in the Idaho State Snow Sculpting Championship,
please e-mail email@example.com.
Sculpture Building Reminders
- Entry Deadline to be included on the official Sculpture Map: January 1st!
- Supporting Structure – Lathe, Wire, Rebar, and PVC Pipe Only. NO plywood, sheet lumber, or cardboard.
- Judging – Based on Visual Impact, Artistic Merit, Execution, Originality, Detail/Technique/Craftsmanship, Difficulty and Overall Impression. 10 points possible for each category.
- Begins at 8am on the first Friday of Winter Carnival
- Ordering Snow – Please call the City Department of Public Works (634-5580) between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm and they will deliver snow to your construction site on an “unscheduled” basis.
- This means snow delivery is not their top priority.
- Please order your snow 24-48 hours before it is needed and the city will make every effort to meet your request, BUT NO GUARANTEES!
- Maximum of 3 loads per delivery.
- They will not fill frames, dump on sidewalk or drive upon the sidewalk.
- They will dump snow next to sculpture for your use. Please make sure to mark the delivery location well.
- Department of Public Works will do their best to provide clean snow but not guaranteed.
- Department of Public Works will not take snow back if you decide it’s too much.