- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, January 11, 2019
- CHECK IN LOCATION: McCall-Donnelly High School (Corner of Stibnite & Mission)
- CHECK IN TIME: 10:30 – 11:00 AM Please enter school parking lot from Mission Street for check in. Check-in is important to get you on the announcers list. You will receive an entry number. The parade team will direct you to your line-up position.
- PARADE BEGINS: 12:00 NOON (Copy of parade route will be given to all entrants.)
- PRIZE CATEGORIES: Best Float, Best Drill Team, Best Band, Best Group, Best Organization Entry and Judge’s Appreciation.
Changes to the Parade Entry Process:
In the past few years, the Mardi Gras Parade has grown! This growth has prompted us to make a few changes to keep the parade to approximately 1 hour in length. Please review the changes for this year:
- Parade will be limited to 60 entries.
- Priority will be given to local entries first. If you are an out of area group looking to participate, please complete the form below and we will place you on a waiting list pending space available once all local entries have been included.
- We are requiring a parade application. Please include details on how you will be decorating your float/entry. Entries without decoration WILL NOT be accepted.
- Parade entries will be reviewed once per week and approved by the Winter Carnival committee.
- Qualifying entries will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis until we fill the 60 entry maximum.
- Any entries on a waiting list will be notified regarding approval by January 18, 2019.
- SEALED CANDY ONLY! Due to overwhelming feedback on the amount of waste candy leaves behind, we are asking that you only throw candy that is in a fully sealed wrapper (no twisted wrappers like smarties and tootsie rolls – please opt for 100% sealed candy like peppermints or bit size Snickers). And as always, beads or small promotional items can be handed out as well!